Proverbs 20:28-30
28 Love and faithfulness keep a king safe;
through love his throne is made secure.
29 The glory of young men is their strength,
gray hair the splendor of the old.
30 Blows and wounds scrub away evil,
and beatings purge the inmost being.
I like all three verses today. They give simple answers to the questions we may have about life and which we may think need a more convoluted and difficult answer when in reality the answer is not.
Take verse 29 ---there are specific positive uses for young men and for old men and neither should have resentment towards the other. We should enjoy each year that each of us experience.
As for verse 30 --- for some of us it takes many times before we learn what we should. Hence the lesson, over and over.
My reading is not all negative and judgements. Today's daily verse is much more positive and I thought to share it too (I do like Psalms):
“For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.” Psalm 149:4 NIV
I did read John Gill's commentary for each verse and
provide a link for the last one.
This is the end of Proverbs 20 and once again I like the first verse and I thought to share it again too:
Proverbs 20:1
Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler;
whoever is led astray by them is not wise.
Thank you BibleGateway.com for the link and verses.
Thank you John Gill for the link.
Grace to you, good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.