Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Spinning....Hanks in the Hood.

Hello,
here is some recent spinning that I've been doing. This is Hanks in the Hood-Hood River colorway, which I purchased from Knit Picks when I didn't know what I would like to spin so I got a whole bunch of stuff. This is a bamboo / Merino mix and difficult for me to spin or let's just say it's not a fav.

I'm learning and working my way slowly through it. POTKU spun this up too. I think I like hers better. hmmm.... oh, well its good practice for getting back to my cupcakes fiber. I am on my second bobbin.

Side note: I was able to actually pick up a vintage jumbo flyer & bobbin that belongs to my vintage upright wheel. Yeah me. I plan on using it to ply my two bobbins together. Should be an interesting experience since I have to take the mother of all off and replace it with the jumbo. I've never taken my wheel apart.

Wish me luck as I'm challenged this way (trust me -- I almost accidentally cut my jugular vein in my neck this past weekend trying to fix my fence---or in the alternative I was very, very lucky not to have broken my jaw---but that's enough of that story). Still alive and kickin'.

As I said I'm challenged.

Happy Spinning, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.