I recently ran into someone who recently criticized me for doing something that they themselves spoke in the same breath that they do the action they criticized. It stung because it wasn't good behavior. It was an enjoyable situation to be in. I even had a witness to this action and the 3rd party stated "what the heck is up with that???" I stated to said 3rd party, "we are all hypocrites."
I had already carefully scrutinized my own behavior as I was wondering the same thing as what the person criticized.
I came to the conclusion that:
1. no, I was not doing the behavior for the reason critical friend suggested. there were just too many things pointing to the positive vs negative in this behavior;
2. that critical friend was envious of my situation and unfriendly because she felt she wished it was her instead of me (I know that's really presumptuous of me, isn't it??).
3. and last and most hurtful, that,in critical friend's opinion, I was undeserving of said situation.
In fact, the last took my breath away and hurt so very much. It was so on target that you just "know" when you've discovered the true answer. I had finally discovered the reason that it has taken me so long to become friends with this person is that they see them-self as "better" than others and feel that others are much less deserving of the good life. How sad for them. I suppose I am the token "white trash" in this person's life.
Its interesting to me that I slowly noticed this and have been reaching out to others due to this phenomenon that is part of the friendship.
I hope your friends accept you for who you are and are truly happy for you when good things happen in your life.
Good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.