Friday, May 18, 2012

Proverbs in a Year...May 18.

Proverbs 15:18-19

18 A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict,
but the one who is patient calms a quarrel.

19 The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns,
but the path of the upright is a highway.

Verse 18 reminds me of myself and to keep my temper under control. Its true, the more patient you are with someone does help. I will state that even Jesus became angry at times. I recently became upset with someone because they informed me that they wanted to try acid as they believed it would make them more creative. I believe that's a cop-out and accused them of being bored with life.

Verse 19 reminds me of someone I know who doesn't want to get a "real job" (work 40 hours per week or at least enough to pay for rent, heat, food & fuel), and thinks they make enough to live---yet they are living off everyone else and their hard work. Unfortunately, they see no value obtaining work that pays their way. There is a lot of value to having a 9-5 job in that it puts you in situations that help you relate to people and pay the bills. Its a win-win situation early in life. Otherwise you get to struggle throughout life, in my opinion (,which I see this a lot).

Thank you BibleGateway.com for the link and verses.
Grace to you, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.